Dear readers – I thought that August being Womans’ month, what better way to celebrate Women than to revisit 2 topics close to my heart and the heart of my practice: Fertility Support Therapy and Facial Rejuvenation Therapy
FERTILITY SUPPORT THERAPY
It seems so simple. Sperm meets egg, cells divide, wait nine months and ta da… baby is born! For most couples making a baby is a natural process that takes place without a glitch. However, sometimes it just does not work out so easily.
Actually, once understood, all the steps are so complicated that it’s a bit of a miracle that it ever works out at all! Add to this the fact that more and more couples are starting later in life, when the fertility cycle is winding down, and that our bodies are exposed to more and more exogenous hormones (xeno-estrogens) in the form of plastics, pharmaceuticals and agri-chemicals and we have the spicy cocktail which leads to so many couples struggling to conceive.
Whether you are actively treating your infertility or preserving your fertility as you hear your biological clock ticking, it is possible to get help. Taking steps to improve your health will not only improve your chances of a successful conception, it will make for a healthier pregnancy and a healthier baby.
The program available from Dr Thomson at Thrive will include the following – dependant on needs/condition of the patient:
- Homeopathic, medical and lifestyle assessment
- Traditional Chinese herbal formulae and supplementation where required
- Lifestyle advice to help you achieve your health goals.
One on one assistance will be given to achieve the following goals:
- Improve health of both partners to promote conception: Many people think of infertility as a woman’s problem, but more often than not there are issues with both partners. In fact, studies indicate that the cause of infertility is equally divided between the female and the male (Where this is the case the chances of conception decline exponentially), so both partners need to be evaluated and treated.
- Understand your cycle: Using natural family planning methods, you can learn your body’s fertility signs, identify underlying problems and time intercourse for optimum results. Excellent apps are readily available.
- Balance your hormones: The endocrine system is very complex, and it is important to pay attention to proper functioning of the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal axis.
- Optimize your digestion: This may not be the first thing you think of for fertility, but digestion plays a central role in your overall health status. Your body’s ability to absorb nutrients, balance blood sugars and eliminate wastes determines the state of your internal environment.
- Enhance your nutritional status: Ensuring proper intake of nutrients helps to produce healthy eggs and sperm, as well as provide the nourishment for the developing foetus. Choosing organic, nutrient dense, whole foods will provide your body with a good foundation, and supplements can be used as needed.
- Cleanse and detoxify your body: This should only be done prior to conception and can help prepare both the man and the woman. Most of us carry around accumulated toxins which can interfere with fertility and overall health. Detoxification decreases this burden and makes for a healthier environment for your baby.
- Manage your stress: Infertility can be one of the most stressful experiences in a couple’s life. Expressing your feelings, taking control and seeking support from qualified professionals can be lifesavers for you and for your marriage.
- Treat underlying diseases: Many conditions can negatively impact a couple’s ability to conceive. We can help to identify overt diseases as well as subtle imbalances, and then work with you to optimize your chances of conception.
- Increase success rates of conventional infertility treatments: By combining conventional and natural medicine, you increase your chances for assisted reproduction to be successful, and for the pregnancy to result in a healthy full-term baby.
If you are concerned that you may have a fertility problem and need advice or you are wanting a little bit of extra help while going through IVF/ICSI or other assisted reproductive health techniques, don’t hesitate to contact me. (contact details below)
FACIAL REJUVENATION THERAPY
Facial rejuvenation therapy is taking the world by storm as a natural, long lasting, cost effective and healthy alternative to Botox and fillers. It is a non-invasive and surprisingly gentle treatment which involves the careful and strategic placement of tiny, hair-thin needles into the lines of the face that effectively stimulate collagen production and promote elasticity. You can reduce wrinkles and experience a fresh, vital look in as little as one treatment.
The Treatment incorporates deep facial massage to promote the essential trio – Circulation, Relaxation and Rehydration.
Because beauty reflects health, facial rejuvenation acupuncture is more than just a facial – It is also a holistic treatment. I individualise each session to include relevant protocols for your own constitutional and health requirements: Included in each treatment are individualised body points for whole body wellness, your own particular complaints, and nutritional guidance and supplement recommendations to improve healing and vitality from the inside out.
“Thanks to the Facial Rejuvenation treatments with Dr Bruce Thomson for all the compliments I have received on my refreshed appearance. I have also come to value the relief I have experienced through these treatments for my stress and anxiety, as well as facial and jaw tension, my IBS and sinuses” MH
The therapy is conducted as a course of 6 sessions, the initial session being a full consultation and treatment. Each session will include at least the following:
- A brief recap and catch up
- A cleanse
- The facial acupuncture, as well as required general points (for relaxation and any other condition I am treating you for)
- Head and neck massage
- General assessment of progress at each treatment and advice re diet/medications/behaviour modification
Please contact me for further details. I can be found at Thrive on Tuesdays and Thursdays – By appointment only
BY: Dr Bruce Thomson – Registered Acupuncturist and Doctor of Homeopathy
email@example.com / Whatsapp or SMS 0837899328 for consultations. Medical aid rates.