[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][mark style=”paragraph” color=””]Depending on how much time you have available, you can go wild with a breakfast smoothie or a breakfast mason jar. But let’s keep it simple and quick for those of us who have very little time between early morning sergeant-major commands to the kids for school while hunting down a favourite ballet dress or pirate costume for the afternoon party and still munching on the crusts of the jam toast the kids left on their plate![/mark]
Shove this one in the tote bag to have in the peace and quiet of the office! So simple and quick to prep…and you can even make it the night before and leave it in the fridge for the morning!
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup almond milk, warmed
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup chopped fresh fruit of choice
- Sunflower seeds
- Place 2 tablespoons of rolled oats in the jar,
- Top with 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Add ½ cup of warmed almond milk.
- Top with a generous helping of plain yoghurt.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top,
- Followed by a drizzle of honey
- Top that with fresh fruit of choice – we used strawberries, blueberries and pomegranate.
- Seal with the lid.
- Refrigerate overnight and grab and rush out the door!
- When you are ready, pour out into your breakfast bowl and sprinkle with sunflower seeds
This is such a quick, simple and healthy start to the day. Now that you have mastered it, experiment with various fruit, add in protein powder, amino acid powder, skip the yoghurt for a less calorific substitute like water or indulge in warmed coconut milk for a richer and creamier flavour.[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/qOK2zyCOzLk”][/vc_column][/vc_row]