- ½ cup white cannellini beans (soak in water over night)
- 750ml of Dr Broth Roast Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 onions – chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes – chopped
- 1 red pepper – seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg – poached to your liking
- 1 avocado – sliced.
- Teaspoon dukkha spice
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Gently simmer the cannellini beans in the bone broth until soft. This could take 1-2 hours, so remember to keep an eye on them and add water if they get too dry.
- While the beans are cooking, chop the vegetables and make the sauce.
- Sauce: In a medium size saucepan warm the olive oil and gently fry the garlic and onions until golden brown, add the tomatoes, red pepper and chilli powder, turn the heat down, season with salt and pepper to taste and gently simmer until the sauce is thick and intense in flavour.
- When the beans are soft, stir them through the sauce.
- Place the saucy bean mix into a bowl and top with a poached egg and some sliced avocado, sprinkle with dukkha and some fresh coriander leaves.