Product Size: Capsules
The standardised extract of Panax ginseng, G115, (containing the optimal amount of active compounds required to enhance immune system functioning, namely 4mg ginsenosides) contained in Ginsana has been tested for more than 40 years in numerous clinical and preclinical trials.
Ginsana has been shown to:
- strengthen immune functioning and response, by stimulating the production immune cell subsets, involved in fighting infective agents and keeping us healthy
- increase antibodies (white blood cells protective against infective agents)
- reduce bacterial counts
- reduce the risk of catching colds and flus threefold
- reduce the duration and severity of colds and influenza
- potentiate the effect of the influenza vaccine
Adults and adolescents 12 years and over: take 2 capsules daily with breakfast or 1 capsule with breakfast and 1 capsule with lunch. For best results, take Ginsana for 12 weeks minimum.
Ginsana is generally well tolerated, with no serious effects reported. In a study of American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius), another ginseng species, the extract was shown to reduce the effect of anticoagulants . For this reason an interaction between Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer and anticoagulants cannot be completely excluded. Patients on anticoagulants should seek medical advice before starting treatment with this product.
Ginsana contains a specific extract (G115) of Panax ginseng. This specific extract has demonstrated effectiveness and tolerability in multiple clinical trials. Learn more about Panax ginseng. Each capsule contains Panax ginseng extract, equiv dry root 212.5 mg standardised to ginsenosides 4 mg.